Class Overview & Outcomes
This two hour class is sure to be the highlight of your week. Challenge yourself by participating in fun improvisation games. Learn acting techniques used by the biggest stars in Hollywood. Build your self confidence by performing different scenes each week on camera. Create a network of friends who share your passion for performing. Whether you are looking to break into the Film and TV industry or just want to build confidence and have fun, these classes are sure to inspire you and leave you wanting more!
The class is divided into two one hour sections.
During the first hour you will be involved in theatre sports and fun improvisation activities that promote team work and develop performance skills.
In the second hour it’s lights camera action, as you perform scenes in front of the camera. All of your work can be captured onto USB so that you can fast track your learning by watching your performance back on TV. From comedy to drama, action to si-fi, each week will bring a different script and acting challenge.
During class you can expect to:
- Act in scripted drama, comedy and sci-fi scenes
- Record TV commercials
- Work with Greenscreen special effects
- Shoot scenes in different locations around the studio
- Perform Voiceovers for cartoons
- Work with studio technical equipment
- Learn important tricks of the trade and audition technique
- Create your own short films